DHL Freight is now offering its premium product, Eurapid, climate-neutral – at no extra charge. The advantage for customers: By shipping with Eurapid, they make their own supply chains more environmentally efficient.
DHL Freight Eurapid: Now climate neutral with no added cost!
From Madrid to Dortmund, Hamburg to Stockholm and Berlin to Brindisi, DHL Freight Eurapid delivers groupage freight to the most important economic centers in Europe in as little as one or two days. Now this service also offers customers climate-neutrality and environmental sustainability. DHL Freight Eurapid is the first premium shipping service in Europe to offer climate-neutrality based on CO2 offsetting. And the customer pays no surcharge! Here’s how it works:
- The CO2 emissions produced by shipment are calculated using a recognized method that includes the actual transport, handling and energy source.
- DHL Freight compensates for the emissions produced during transport through internationally recognized climate protection projects.
- The selected climate projects support improving energy efficiency, expanding renewable energies and reforestation. DHL Freight chooses the projects in close collaboration with renowned partners such as Climate Partner and Climate Bridge.
- In this manner, Eurapid customer supply chains also become more sustainable – something that is documented and certified annually. – Certification is based on the “Clean Development Mechanism” criteria established in the United Nations’ Kyoto Protocol and meets the highest international standards.
Our customers now demand simple yet high-quality products. Our product DHL Freight Eurapid offers just that – climate-neutral groupage service at no extra charge on European roads.Antje Huber, SVP Marketing & Strategy, DHL Freight
Climate neutrality makes your supply chain greener – at no extra cost
The innovative green option is automatically included with DHL Freight Eurapid services at no additional cost. The combination of green logistics and top delivery quality is based on the robust infrastructure of DHL Freight’s Standard LTL Service EuroConnect network with more than 2,000 international connections across Europe. EuroConnect embodies seamless, cost-efficient door-to-door general cargo transport.
Eurapid: The most reliable transit times to 25 European countries
For years, customers have trusted and relied on DHL Eurapid’s top delivery quality. Optimum shipping for general cargo weighing up to 2,500 kilograms is guaranteed between European economic centers within 24 hours (for distances of up to 1,000 kilometers) or 48 hours (for distances of up to 2,000 kilometers). Other advantages include:
- fast delivery times, fixed transit times and same-day pick-up
- delivery time options of before ten a.m. or before twelve noon (Pre-10/Pre-12) in certain regions
- Consistently high-quality standards and rigorous network management ensure that freight is always on the best route and delivered on time.
- With daily departures and fixed arrival days, DHL Freight Eurapid enables precise planning for time-critical orders and production processes.
DHL Freight Eurapid Express door-to-door delivery is available in 25 countries. Eurapid connects Europe’s main economic regions, representing over 95 percent of all business addresses.
Priority services and 2,000 transport connections
The premium service also includes priority shipment processing along the entire transport process – from booking to loading and delivery. Priority Booking provides customers with a flexible, digital order management system that includes all the necessary price information. All transport processes are supported by a highly qualified service team working exclusively for Eurapid. Customers also receive standardized reports on transit times.
Eurapid is continuously developing its services:
- to better meet customer needs,
- to improve the environmental footprint along the entire supply chain and
- to remain the industry’s quality leader.
Our group-wide environmental protection program GoGreen supports resource-saving business models with green logistics chains in order to reduce greenhouse gas and air pollutant emissions and cut all logistics-related emissions to zero by 2050. This is not just idle talk. We are serious about it and are happy to be measured by it.Antje Huber, SVP Marketing & Strategy, DHL Freight
Green logistics: DHL Freight stands by its zero-emission target
Combining quality and sustainability applies to every service offered by DHL Freight. Green logistics comprises a wide range of benefits, such as:
- CO2 reports giving DHL customers full transparency on the current environmental efficiency of their supply chains,
- climate-friendly on-the-road technologies and
- climate protection projects enabling DHL and its customers to offset any unavoidable emissions.
DHL Freight Eurapid, Europe’s first carbon-neutral premium freight delivery service
DHL FREIGHT EURAPID AT A GLANCE
- Transport of up to 2,500 kg general cargo (palletized and non-palletized)
- Maximum gross weight per shipment unit: 1,500 kg
- Maximum dimensions per shipment unit: 240 cm (L) x 120 cm (W) x 220 cm (H)
- For deliveries requiring lifting ramps, other maximum dimensions apply
- Inclusive services: Day-definite door-to-door service
- Guaranteed daily departures and fixed arrival days
- Daily pick-up service
- Prioritized handling
- Same-day pick-up in many areas
- Special customer service
- Booking confirmation
- Proactive status messages
- Same-day IOD (Information of Delivery) / ePOD (electronic Proof of Delivery) within 24 hours
- Summary of running time duration
- Liability in accordance with CMR
- Invoicing to third parties (on request)
- Cross Trade (on request)
- Delivery with lifting ramp (on request)
- Additional services: Transport insurance, proof of delivery (POD)
- Customs clearance (DAP – Delivered at Place)
- Fulfillment of import, export and transit formalities
- Transport of dangerous goods